Goodwill Military & Veteran Services
Empowering Military & Veterans and their families with the tools they need to succeed in the workplace.
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. Operation GoodJobs assists Military and Veteran families with job training and placement services by providing individualized, holistic plans to help each participant succeed. The plan serves the needs of the whole family with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
We serve transitioning military members, Reservist, National Guard Members, Veterans of all eras and ranks, military and veteran spouses, and dependents under 25 living with a veteran or military sponsor.
EXAMPLES OF PROGRAM OFFERINGS
- Connections with more than 1,400 local employers & a vast network of community service organizations
- Support from a staff of Veterans and military spouses
- Job leads & networking opportunities
- No cost training opportunities including those leading to certifications
- Internship opportunities at local, state & federal agencies
- Unlimited one-on-one resume and cover letter assistance
- LinkedIn professional online profile creation
- Personalized elevator speech
- Mock interviews
- Financial supportive services directed towards employment
- Hiring events—giving you the inside track directly to hiring managers
COME LEARN ABOUT OPERATION GOODJOBS
Check out our orientation page for more details
FRIDAYS | 2:00PM
10314 S. Tacoma Way | Lakewood
Arrive promptly @ 1:50PM
4TH THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH | 2:00PM
Veterans Services Hub 4232 6th Ave SE #202 | Lacey
Arrive promptly @ 1:50PM
BENEFITS OF HIRING OPERATION GOODJOBS PARTICIPANTS
Goodwill works with hundreds of local employers and support organizations to find the right match for the participant and the business partner. There are many advantages to hiring veterans through Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services and our Operation GoodJobs:
All services are FREE to businesses and job seekers
- Placement & Screening Services
- Skills analysis & soft skills programs customized to ensure Qualified Applicants
- Retention Services: we provide assistance and follow-up, if requested, to ensure a successful placement
- Invitation to attend Networking & Hiring Events held at JBLM with access to over 300 Veterans, transitioning Service Members & Spouses
- Community recognition through WA State YesVets program & Goodwill publications
GETTING STARTED AS AN EMPLOYER IS EASY AND FREE!
Contact Goodwill and meet with a professional business development program manager to customize a plan that meets your employment needs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OPERATION GOODJOBS
Join us on LinkedIn!
[display-posts category=”operation-goodjobs” posts_per_page=”1″ include_excerpt=”true” include_date=”false” wrapper=”div” image_size=”thumbnail_200x200″]
Funding provided by: